I want to thank BR Knuckles Insurance for once again providing fireworks for our Independence Day Celebration held in the city of Elkton. The fireworks will be on Friday, July 3rd at Todd Central High School starting after 8:45 p.m. Due to Covid-19, there will be no food, no music, and no community activities. So please follow these recommendations:
1. Park your vehicle in a location to see the fireworks. You may sit in, on, and around your vehicle.
2. Music will be broadcast with the fireworks; tune to 89.1 F.M. on your radio to hear music with the fireworks.
3. If on School property stay in family groups.
4. You may sit on blankets or use your lawn chairs on the school grounds.
5. Please do not park on the school athletic fields.
6. Please maintain social distancing of 6 feet apart wherever you are.
7. Please do not leave trash on the grounds.
8. Do not arrive on the school grounds before 8 p.m.
9. Please obey all signs and directions you may be given that day.
10. Be sure to protect yourself and the public at this event.
11. Fireworks will be visible in many locations around the city and in the county.
Again, thanks to BR Knuckles Insurance, owners and employees who sponsor and provide this event for the public. HAPPY 4th of JULY!
Arthur Green, Elkton Mayor