In 2010, the city of Elkton was awarded a Land and Water Conservation Fund grant to make much needed improvements in the Elkton-Todd County Park. The grant awarded was in the amount of $65,000 and is matched by the Elkton-Todd County Recreation Commission in the amount of $65,000 in cash and in-kind services for a total project value of $130,000.
- The project completely renovated the concession/restroom facility by upgrading the concession stand and making the restroom ADA compliant.
- The small pavilion was torn down and a new pavilion was built.
- New dugout roofs were installed and dugouts were painted.
- Gazebos were repaired and paint stained.
- Handicap accessible ramps were installed on two playground areas.
- Skate park ramps were repaired and surface replaced.
- Surveillance camera system was installed throughout the park.
- The lights on the tennis/basketball court were replaced. The city also received a TVA Energy Grant to replace the light fixtures with more efficient lights. Pennyrile Rural Electric also donated labor to instal new metal light poles.
- Special thanks to the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, who helped serving hundreds of hours of volunteer work to get some of the painting and other repairs made during a Day of Service Project.
The project was completed in June 2014.