This is a means for the City of Elkton to identify city policy/procedure problems and/or personnel problems involving either civilian or sworn personnel.
If the investigation sustains a wrong-doing on the part of any member of the city or department, disciplinary and or corrective action will be taken as outlined in the City of Elkton Personnel & Policies Manual, current edition; as specified in Kentucky Revised Statue, the Police Officers Bill of Rights; and according to departmental policies.
- All complaint forms are to be completed and forwarded to the Mayor.
- The Mayor will review the complaint and assign the investigation to either the officers’/employees’ supervisor or to the City Attorney.
- All facts pertinent to the complaint will be compiled and evidence gathered.
- The City Attorney will complete and forward to the Mayor a written report of the findings.
- The Mayor shall then make a decision, which is final and a matter of record.
- A disposition of the investigation will be made and kept on file at City Hall.
- The complainant will be notified as to the outcome of the investigation.
- If an action of wrongdoing is sustained, the complainant may be asked to appear in person to testify against the employee(s) involved.